We use office 365 for our clients a lot. It’s a good solution for many reasons.Why office 365?
1) Never worrying about what version of the office you’re on, anyone on 365 always has an up to date Office version.
2) Not worrying about your mail going down when your office internet is down. On premise mail systems provide a single point of failure to the most important business technology tool.
3) Access to all of the office suite applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint (for shares file organization), Lync (for text,video, audio communication), Onenote (a collaborative note taking program), One Drive for Business (basically dropbox on steroids that links to Windows.)
4) The ability to use the office from a browser in the cloud and to put a copy of the office on up to 5 devices-home pc, office pc, laptop, tablet, etc.
5) and last but not least…it comes with microsoft’s mailserver-Exchange-which gives all the power of collaboration to outlook. Meeting requests, synchronization of all inboxes, webmail that looks just like outlook, is all enabled by Exchange.
The cost of 365 varies, but for most small businesses it’s $12.50/month per person. Instead of buying an OEM Office license when you buy your computer $150-190, you have a monthly or yearly bill that covers you for every eventuality. Buying a standalone copy of Office on the web is approximately $220-and that’s just for home and business which doesn’t have all the apps 365 does. Check out the following link for specific pricing and features for 365: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans?CR_CC=200061904&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=PS_Google_O365SMB_office%20365%20plans_Text
When you have to reload your pc because of a virus or malware all you have to do is download the office from the 365 site, if you have bought a copy you’re looking for a cdrom you’ll probably never find, or never existed in the first place. Then you have to pay another couple of hundred bucks for a new copy.
If you want to discuss Office 365 for your unique situation please send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you.
GraysonSeptember 26, 2015
I like the idea that with office 365, the version I’m using is always up to date. Its frustrating when you buy software and after no time its outdated. These seems like a better business model all around